كتب ناصر قنديل Nasser Kandil wrote: Tillerson and the cooperation with Russia
- The US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced that the cooperation with Russia is going on smoothly in the pursuit of victory on terrorism in Syria, and opening the paths of the political solution, furthermore the communications are continuous to overcome all the obstacles.
- Tillerson's speech is related to two aspects, the first one is related to the structure of the opposition which run by Washington to be controlled with a ceiling that commensurate with the real political solution which is valid for the settlement and which was agreed upon between Moscow and Washington according to the statement of Vietnam Summit between the President Donald Trump and the President Vladimir Putin, its content is a new constitution and elections, where there is no place for discussing the issue of the Syrian presidency.
- The second aspect of complications which Washington is bearing the possibility to overcome in order to pave the way for the political settlement which was agreed with Moscow is the preparation of the Kurdish groups to abandon the control on a part of the Syrian geography and to get involved in the political process.
- The slow positioning of the two groups which the American is committed to bring to the settlement in order to ensure its presence in the future of Syria does not eliminate the presence of clear changes that are reflected by the US declarations about stopping the arming of the Kurdish militias, and the Kurdish declaration of the willingness to give up the weapons, as well as the declaration of the members of the unified negotiating delegation in Geneva about not considering the subject of presidency a condition for the solution, but mere a negotiating proposal.
- Tillerson's speech is an announcement of the commitment to the demand of understanding and granting additional deadlines before Moscow's going to Sochi option; as an alternative to Geneva.
Translated by Lina Shehadeh,
عدد القراءت (460)