كتب ناصر قنديل Nasser Kandil wrote: Qatar wins the round
- After months of estrangement with Qatar due to a decision and an initiative by Saudi Arabia to oblige it to subdue and surrender, the Prince of Kuwait announced from Washington that the solution is the direct negotiation.
- The words of the Prince of Kuwait got the satisfaction of Saudi Arabia that the Saudi demands are acceptable to Qatar but their acceptance must be on the negotiating table.
- It is known that the basis of these demands is related to three axes, the first one is the relationship with Iran, the second is the funding of the terrorist organizations, and the third one is the media performance of Al Jazeera channel.
- What is proposed by Qatarfor the negotiation is a collective title; let us apply unified standards for the three axes that can be applied on the all Gulf countries.
- The estrangement with Iran is not possible for Kuwait and Oman, so how it is demanded from Qatar? Maybe Saudi Arabia is going to revive the relations? So the Qatari proposal is a Gulf-Iranian dialogue under Omani-Kuwaiti mediation or an estrangement in which everyone participates.
- The targeted funding according to the Qatari proposal is subject to American control in Qatar, so the issue became that the others must apply what is applied on Qatar.
- In media, Qatar says that Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya are subject to the principle of non-exposing to the privacies of others and their inner opposition, and to be controlled by agreed upon policy. Qatar says that the way is a unified control where a neutral agreed upon party as BBC can oversee the application of the unified standards on the Gulf channels.
- The negotiation will be a winning to Qatar, while the America- Kuwait announcement is a loss for Saudi Arabia.
- In case of failure, Qatar would win morally the exit of Kuwait and Washington from the circle of controversy.
Translated by Lina Shehadeh,
عدد القراءت (296)